Sunday, May 18, 2008

Second attempt

There's one morning a week where I have to wake up 6:30am for an early class. I'd love to be able to sleep a bit longer on other days but my body likes routine and insists on walking at 6:30am every morning.

That came in handy this morning when I woke up, put on shorts and a t-shirt (it's mid-May but I've cast all my clouts - I'm tough) and headed down to Columbia Road to make up for last week's disappointment.

People are so friendly early in the morning! I chatted to dog walkers and cyclists in the park and when I got to the market it was quiet and stallholders were wandering around catching up with each other.


With most of the stalls open but few shoppers about, I got everything I wanted. I then went for a 2km swim before doing a couple of hours of gardening. Can a Sunday morning get any more satisfying?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting apartment you live in Joe. I must give you credit on the whole garden/flower thing. As far as I'm concerned, if plants require me to water them, they don't deserve to live. It's my little way of helping along natural selection. I'm just a little concerned that the real estate agent won't share my philosophies when it comes time for the final rental inspection.

Cal said...

You got up at 6.30 on a Sunday morning??!!! You are mad.

Though it does sound as an enjoyable and rewarding way to spend a morning. Just not as comfy as bed.

Joe said...

Yeah, even I know how to be a trendy architect these days. Just take any building, put on some wooden cladding and add a few zany colours. That final inspection is coming soon! Enjoy the last bit of your life in Perth :)

Cal, all the nicest people are out at 6:30 on a Sunday! If you're ever up then give me a call.

Cal said...

The only likelihood of me being up at 6.30 on a Sunday morning is if I'm coming home from Saturday night out.

(Though actually nights like that are few and far between these days - though it was a common theme to my early years in HK!)