Saturday, September 25, 2004

Misnomer

I just arrived at work and had another visit from yet another ray of sunshine:

ROS: So the name of your organisation is actually a misnomer

Me: How do you mean exactly?

ROS: Well, you're not preaching the gospel

Me: Yes you're right (thinking: yes, then we could call ourselves 'Christian Talking')

I was talking with a friend this week about how I am becoming less and less inclined to reason with people I don't agree with. I hope that it's a sign of maturity and not just an admission of defeat.

Anyway, I'm glad to have friends and people I respect that I do agree with. My favourite example at the moment is the pastor of my church.

Last week was the church's 80th anniversary service and he had invited a Catholic minister to speak. That was especially cool because I had invited a Catholic friend along. This week, the speaker is a Hong Kong Muslim leader. The occasion is an international day of peace.

I should have invited this morning's visitor.

No comments: