Monday, October 09, 2006

Hello Hoodies

I went for a job interview this morning at a senior school in outer London. The place seemed pretty edgy. Gangs of hoodies sat out front smoking. There were swipe cards and turnstiles at the front entrance, is that normal for the UK?

Anyway, the interview was for a job working with students from non-English speaking backgrounds. It sounds like nice work. Unfortunately it's only two days per week so I would still need to look for a third part-time job in addition.

At this stage I should be trying to find one full-time job. Problem is that there are not many around and I'm keen to hang on to my other part-time job which I'm loving. I've become very attached to my class of North African over seventies.

They called this afternoon to offer the job and I accepted. It should be fun... and hopefully good blog fodder.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yes Joe, congratulations but don't over do it..............

Joe said...

Thanks! Don't worry... compared to our CKM days life now is very easy.

j a s o n said...

Well done Joe!

I even bought a hoody top the other day...just trying to fit in!

Cal said...

Congratulations. Sounds like it will be interesting. The schools round my way have lots of hoodies but I haven't spotted any swipe cards or turnstiles, so I don't think it can be that common.

Anonymous said...

I just got mental images of Michelle Pfeiffer in Dangerous Minds... only turnsiles? no worries then. It's only the schools with Guards, sniffer-dogs and X-ray machines at the door that you have to worry about.

Joe said...

Yeah, I was thinking 'Dangerous Minds' too. I forgot to mention that while I waited in reception this guy came in and said 'Miss, I'm the one what was in a fight'...