Saturday, May 19, 2007

Golborne Road

I have a bike buddy! Shekerim has a new bike and we practised her route to work today. It took us conveniently close to Golborne Road, one of my favourite places in London (photo stolen from a Japanese travel site!).


Golborne Road has so much to love. There is an Australian/Italian cafe and some great Portugese and Moroccan delis as well. I used to love the patisseries too, before my coeliac diagnosis. Hmm... must do some more gluten free baking soon.

We were planning to visit the Australian/Italian cafe but it was closed for renovation. We headed over to The Lisboa instead and managed to get a table for the first time ever. It is incredibly popular.


Shekerim declared the egg tarts the best she has ever tasted (that's my cappucino on the table).


And she wasn't the only one enjoying herself...


Golborne Road also has a great seafood shop. And Macanese style Portugese baked seafood rice more than made up for the tarts I couldn't eat. And before anyone maligns it, this, like the red bean soup, tastes much better than it looks!

8 comments:

Iqbal Khaldun said...

That is one mighty big bite from Urban Nomad hehe

Sorry about today. My student body clock needs a serious wind up.

Joe said...

Yeah, he is in heaven in a patisserie. That seafood rice was supposed to be your dinner!

Iqbal Khaldun said...

Oh :-( looks yum.

Anonymous said...

I think i should go to Golborne Road next weekend. i miss Portuguese Tart!

BTW you can find Macanese style baked seafood rice with portugese sauce in HK Cafe, Leicester Sq.

Joe said...

If you go, make sure you get the tarts at The Lisboa! There are a couple of places selling them but The Lisboa is the best.

Do you the multi-storey one on Charing Cross Road? I love that place! I've drunk a lot of ling mun cha and lai cha there!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that one close to where you live!

j a s o n said...

I am so missing out...Pastry & Portuguese Rice!!!

Joe said...

Yes, but in a couple of months you will have the real thing in Macau just an hour's ferry ride away!